Sunday, May 13, 2007

I decided to warm up with a jewelry bag kit from DMC Linea on clearance a few years ago for $2.00. The bag is premade and has lines stamped for embroidery but no floss or anything. I decided to use some leftover rayon floss. The embroidery is done in outline stitch. Embroidery is not my strong point but I enjoy it sometimes. I started that part tonight. I'll be glad to get it done - this isn't my favorite part. In the meantime, I tried out a motif I made a long time ago, intending to use it as an insertion on "something" but that "something" hasn't appeared yet. The motif is too big and a color not good for this but I like the shape so I may tat another version in a smaller thread and see how it looks.

I like the idea of using my bits and pieces to put on there and look at so I can get an idea of how it will look before I go to the trouble of tatting something.

No comments: