Friday, August 24, 2007

Better late than never . . .

Well, I suppose I win the award for being last to join the party. Unfortunately, just after deciding to do this challenge, my hubby and I spent a month apartment hunting and then moved. I'm finally fairly settled and most of my craft supplies are unpacked and roughly organized.


While I was going through my fabric stash, I came across some denim scraps someone had given me years ago and got my inspiration. I'm calling my project a Mock Crazy Quilt bag. I love the way tatting looks in crazy quilting, but denim just isn't conducive to quilting of any sort, so this is what I came up with:




I've obviously got a LOT more tatting to do to fill up this bag. So far it has some projects that were abandoned for one reason or another: the bridal headpiece start (I broke down and bought a tiara. I was already tatting the edging on my veil, sewing my dress, and crocheting a shawl as a gift for my maid-of-honor. There just wasn't enough time!), some edging ideas that I didn't end up using,







Along with a doily that I could never get to lay quite right. Shouldn't have fidgeted with the pattern, I suppose. And some random medallion and motif bits.

So far I like it. I have to find a way to get my little turtle in since he's sitting in a display case all lonely. I'll also probably do some stem stitch in an open space and sew on some of the little flowers I do with spare thread for scrapbooking and card making. Nothing will be sewn down until I'm sure I'm happy. I don't know if I'll do both sides of the bag or not. Depends on my free time. I'm cross-stitching a wedding present and knitting and crocheting baby sets to fill orders, so there's no telling. I'll be back. I'll try to get the handles on the bag this weekend.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love it! A beautiful idea!
Melissa